727·330·3500    ·    Denise Mensa-Cohen, Enrolled Agent    ·    Office Located in Clearwater, Florida
It's Thursday 4:43 PM
Our Office is Open!
Verifying Your Identity When Calling the IRS

What Is a Designated Roth Account?

Many 401(k) plans allow taxpayers to make Roth contributions as long as the plan has a designated Roth account. Your plan may also allow you to transfer amounts to the designated Roth account in the plan or borrow money. Check with your employer to find out if your...
Verifying Your Identity When Calling the IRS

How To Get an Identity Protection Pin

An Identity Protection PIN is a six-digit number eligible taxpayers get to help prevent their Social Security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number from being used to file fraudulent federal income tax returns. This number helps the IRS verify a...
Verifying Your Identity When Calling the IRS

Keeping Good Tax Records Is Essential

An important part of tax planning is keeping good records. Having an organized recordkeeping system makes it easier to file a tax return or understand a letter from the IRS. Here are some tips: Good Recordkeeping Helps Taxpayers: Identify sources of income. Taxpayers...
Verifying Your Identity When Calling the IRS

Repaying Deferred Social Security Tax

The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act allowed self-employed individuals and household employers to defer the payment of certain Social Security taxes on their Form 1040 for tax year 2020 over the next two years. Half of the deferred Social Security...

Pin It on Pinterest